Find me online

Facebook LinkedIn YouTube IMDB ProjectorFilms   




Thursday, May 10, 2007

New site to sell your films


I spoke to David Geddes this week who is one of the guys who recently set up Si-Mi. It's a video-on-the-web portal where film makers can set their own price to charge customers.

I talked to him about my free-to-the-audience ideas such as 365films and Circumference.

David and si-mi guys are on a different path to me, but on the same journey - or rather on the same exploration. And we both agreed it is the most exciting time to be an indy film maker. Here are some quotes from the conversation that stood out to me. David said...

"Set the price right, set it realistically - that's how you fight piracy. Most people want an original."
"Our slogan is what we believe - the goal is not just to be seen but to be paid, so you can make your next film."
"The phrase 'content wants to be free' isn't probably true, but the phrase 'content want to be made' probably is."

I'll be keeping an eye out for Si-Mi over the next few months. I'm not sure that they have the full answer in these days of blogging, sharing, social networking and viral ads. But then who does?

No comments: