Find me online

Facebook LinkedIn YouTube IMDB ProjectorFilms   




Saturday, May 20, 2006

Rendezvous

So I'm at Cannes now after a week of frantic organising. As you know I've been trying out some new ideas on meetings.

First new idea - having a conversation rather than a pitch. This is an idea where you are trying to build relationships rather than just flog something. I believe its a better way for long term business. I was talking to fellow film maker Suki about that this morning and he has seen this work in action. Some of the producers he met 3 years ago have now grown to a position where they can help him more. And he was in at the start.

Second new idea - using the form. The form is, of course, only because I have a bad memory. But we'll see how it goes. Suki says it looks like I sell double glazing. Maybe I will after this!

I have about 40 meetings. First one in 15 minutes. Lets see how it goes.

1 comment:

Danny Stack said...

Talking rather than pitching certainly worked for me. Top advice.